The Morris Music Academy ‘s lesson programs for children and adults offer students a comprehensive and complete music education. Private lessons for most band/orchestra instruments, piano, voice and home recording/engineering are tailored to the individual student.
Group programs are offered in Music Theory, Guitar, Violin, Young musicianship (for 5 year olds), Homeschool Music Education, Jazz Combo, Rock Band and Contemporary Music.
Students will have the opportunity to participate in both Spring and Winter recitals organized by the Morris Music Academy and held at St. Paul’s by-the-Sea Episcopal Church in Jacksonville Beach, FL.
In addition to allowing students to gain knowledge and improve on their selected instrument, our lesson programs also prepare students for assessment opportunities through The Carnegie Hall Royal Conservatory The Achievement Program.
The Carnegie Hall Royal Conservatory The Achievement Program’s Founding Schools initiative brings together diverse schools and institutions from across the country in pursuit of excellence in music education.
The Morris Music Academy is proud to be named as a Founding School for The Achievement Program.
What are the advantages of The Achievement Program for students and families?
The Achievement Program is a comprehensive system with built-in flexibility
- Students can progress at their own pace and move freely through the system.
- The program can be adapted for individual student interests while meeting the rigor and discipline of a national standard.
- Students will advance based on their personal learning achievements.
- The comprehensive nature of The Achievement Program supports the skills needed for innovation in a global world: creative process, problem solving, discipline, self-regulated learning, and focus.
Recognizes student achievement on a national level against a proven national standard
- Personal achievement is recognized and excellence is rewarded.
- Recognition of student achievement through local, state, and national Certificates of Excellence and awards ceremonies.
- The ability to measure progress and achievement level by level leads to self-motivation and the pursuit of excellence.
- Empowers and supports teachers, students, and programs at the local, community, and state levels
- Supports the teacher-student-parent partnership through a focus on individual achievement at a national level
- Confirms high-quality, meaningful standards that are consistent across the US
- Ensures the equality of all students through progressively leveled, consistent assessments and supporting resources
- Complements existing local and state assessment programs
- Assessments are conducted by professional adjudicators, who undergo rigorous training and continuous professional development.
- Detailed assessments of progress balanced with constructive observations and suggestions for future musical development.
Development of a shared cultural experience in your community and among your teachers, parents, and students
- Creativity, artistry, and a love of music flourish in The Achievement Program.
- The aspirational aspects of the program connect students to a larger network engaged with music.
- All levels develop the skills that students will use to pursue, achieve, and uphold excellence in every area of their lives.
- Preparation for assessments promotes self-regulated learning and independent thought and nurtures the development of inquiring and analytical minds.
- Active student engagement instills a sense of responsibility for preparation, process, and purpose in all studies.